Event: Science & Technology Braintrust: How Science is Saving the Environment. A panel discussion on novel efforts to promote sustainability, and the science behind the efforts.
Date: Friday, September 26, 2008, from 9-noon
Place: Washington, D.C. Convention Center, Room 149-A
Audience: Approximately 100. Many will be school children from the D.C. area, and there will also be federal agency officials, nonprofit leaders, and other policy leaders.
- Sheryl Lee Ralph - Actress and education advocate
- Norris McDonald - President, African American Environmentalist Association
- Miquela Craytor - Executive Director, Sustainable South Bronx
- Miranda Anderson - Director of Corporate Affairs for Sustainability, Wal-Mart
- Bob Langert - Vice President of Corporate Social Responsibility, McDonald's
- Donald Foley - Executive Director, Progressive Automotive XPRIZE
- DC-area schools
- Cynné Simpson - Anchor, ABC7/WJLA-TV