1) Benjamin T. Jealous, President and Chief Executive Officer of the NAACP,
2) Calvin G. Butler, Esq., Vice President of State Legislative and Government Affairs, ComEd, Inc,
3) Milton Carroll, Chairman of the Board, CenterPoint Energy, Inc.,
4) Carolyn L. Green, Vice President for Health, Environment, and Safety, Sunoco, Inc, and
5) Dr. Esther Silver-Parker, Senior Vice President for Corporate Affairs, Wal-Mart, Inc.
They join 13 other members of the Commission, which is comprised of leading experts representing government, health, industry, civil rights, academia, labor, consumer protection and environmental protection.
The Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies is one of the nation’s leading research and public policy institutions and they primarily focus on issues of particular concern to African Americans and other people of color.
Monday, May 18, 2009
Joint Center Expands Commission on Climate Change
The head of the NAACP and four leading energy and corporate executives have joined the Commission to Engage African Americans on Climate Change, the Joint Center for Political and Economic Studies. The newest members of the Commission, which was founded last year by the Joint Center to increase African Americans’ understanding of climate change and to advance their perspectives in critical policy discussions, are: