Grants and Reporting Manager
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Maintenance of the Grant Tracking and Reporting Process
- Work directly with Greenpeace Development and Program managers to ensure compliance with all grant restrictions and the grant policies that govern Greenpeace, Inc. and Greenpeace Fund. This includes generating recommendations for improvements in programmatic and fiscal operations, introduction of best practices, and greater operating efficiencies in the business processes.
- Coordinate with Greenpeace Development and Governance liaison to ensure timely presentation of grants to the Greenpeace Fund Board and timely distribution of grants after approval.
- Manage the post award grant accounting life cycle, including but not limited to: as necessary, establishing a new cost center and budget in the accounting system; training the program manager on grant procedures and compliance; performing compliance analysis of allowable grant expenditures.
- Prepare the financial information related to reporting to the Greenpeace Fund Board for all Greenpeace, Inc. funding.
- Provide oversight to grants management function including budget development, contracting, reporting/monitoring and grants receivable and payable management.
- Complete expenditure reports for donor reporting and any special reports as requested by Development, the Program Managers and/or the Controller.
- Review monthly financial statements for all grants or activities supported by grants to ensure expenses are appropriate.
- Prepare all grant journal entries and reconciliations.
- Maintain financial records for each grant.
- Train program managers on their fiscal responsibilities for any grants they administer or oversee.
- Create new cost centers as necessary to properly maintain and track grant activity.
- Maintain complete and accurate electronic and hard copy files for all grant transactions.
- Maintain the Finance Department’s policies and procedure manual for all grant related policies.
- Prepare all grant-related schedules for annual audit requirements and complete other duties related to the annual audit, as needed.
- Primarily responsible for preparing all quarterly and annual reporting to Greenpeace International.
- Primarily responsible for preparing all schedules for the IRS Form 990 for Greenpeace, Inc. and Greenpeace Fund.
- Perform other special projects as requested by the Controller.
- Bachelor of Science in accounting and experience with grant reporting and administration.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with grant activity.
- Ability to receive instruction from supervisor and prioritize responsibilities and time as required.
- Can work on most routine tasks independently and confers with supervisor on complex work assignments or unusual work situations.
- A strong attention to detail and willingness to support the Finance team in delivering high quality reporting.
- Strong proficiency in Excel, communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- High level of integrity with a professional attitude in all dealings.
- Ability to work independently, develop policies, conduct process reviews, and reengineer processes.
- Commitment to the mission of Greenpeace, including peaceful direct action.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 23rd, 2014. Please include the following in your cover letter: a specific explanation of your interest in the available position and how you found out about this career opportunity. Please use the email subject line: GRANTS AND REPORTING MANAGER- YOUR NAME. No phone calls please.