Monday, September 09, 2013

Dru Ealons Leaving EPA

PRESIDENT'S CORNER

By Norris McDonald

I just received this message from Dru Ealons:
"Tomorrow, September 10th is my last day in the office. It has been an honor to serve during this historic time as a presidential appointee for President Barack Obama at the US Environmental Protection Agency. As one of the agency’s key stakeholders, working with you has been both rewarding and educational. Thank you again for working with EPA’s Office of Public Engagement…insuring that those you represent voices are heard. I value your insight and I’m glad our paths have crossed."
Dru this town will not be the same without you.  You have been a superstar at EPA's Office of Public Engagement.  Clearly everyone knows that former EPA Administrator Lisa Jackson could not have operated the agency without you.  I was impressed with you from the moment I met you and you more than lived up to my expectations.  Having been in this town for over three decades, I can say you have been a breath of fresh air...like a Spring breeze freshening the halls of EPA.

Dru Ealons
I will miss you Dru.  You cannot be replaced.  Someone else might take up the position, but know that in my mind, you can never be replaced.  You always had a friendly smile, a helpful demeanor and a youthful enthusiasm for the job.  You also made sure that our little group was kept 'in the loop.'  And for that I will always be thankful.  Do know that you are appreciated.  Please do not forget about us and if I can be of assistance to you in any way in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I look forward to seeing you tomorrow at the 'Celebrating Dru Ealons' event.

No comments: