|Norris McDonald w/ Robert Johnson, Allew West & Charles Payne|
- Black unemployment remains at 14 percent - double the white community. This is a trend that has continued for the past 50 years, during both strong and weak economies.
- The Federal Government has invested billions of dollars to solve this crisis, yet the statistics remain staggering.
- 4.8 percent of black students dropped out of high school in 2009, double the number of white students.
- The Conservative Black Forum will discuss ways of enhancing the entrepreneurial spirit of black American small business owners to stimulate and strengthen the economy.
- Black businesses, established in the heart of Black communities, often hire Black employees that in turn strengthen the black community as a whole.
- Leaders in the Black community on both the state and federal level will have an open discussion on what barriers are preventing the Black community from achieving economic growth, which leads to economic stability and most importantly, economic “freedom.”
Moderator: Charles Payne - Fox Business Network contributor and co-host of "Varney & Co."
• Allen West- Congressman, Member of House Small Business Committee, Congressional Black Caucus
• Robert L. Johnson - Founder of Black Entertainment Television
• City Manager Ruth C. Jones – Riviera Beach
• Florida State Rep. Mack Bernard - (District 84) Committee Memberships: Business & Consumer Affairs Subcommittee, Insurance & Banking Subcommittee, Transportation & Economic Development Appropriations Subcommittee
• Dr. Art Laffer - American economist
• County Commissioner Ashley Bell - Hall County, Georgia
• Toya Powell - Director, Government Engagement, U.S. Black Chamber, Inc.
• Harry C. Alford - President/CEO, National Black Chamber of Commerce
• Kay DeBow - Executive Vice President, National Black Chamber of Commerce
• Darrell Jordan - House of Representatives Small Business Committee