Hillary outlined her Green Jobs plan on Feb 11 at the General Motors Allison Transmission Plant, in White Marsh, Maryland. Hillary's Green Jobs Plan will:
1) Modernize 20 Million Low-Income Homes to Improve Energy Efficiency.
2) Provide emergency energy assistance for Maryland families facing skyrocketing heating bills.
3) Invest $5 billion in accelerated energy efficiency and alternative energy investments to jumpstart green collar job growth.
4) Create a $50 Billion Strategic Energy Fund and Demand that Oil Companies Invest in Clean Energy.
5) Raise Fuel Economy Standards. Hillary has proposed a plan to raise fuel economy standards to 40 mpg by 2020 and 55 mpg by 2030.
6) Help Automakers Retool Plants.
7) Promote Plug-In Hybrids (PHEV).
8) Create a Green Building Fund to Make Public Buildings More Energy Efficient.
9) Train "Green Collar" Workers.
Hillary believes our climate crisis presents us with a significant opportunity to lead us to an energy independent future, of which green-collar jobs are the cornerstone. Senator Clinton already cosponsored legislation that was part of the Energy Security & Independence Act, the Green Jobs Act of 2007. Read more on Hillary's plan to create a Green Jobs revolution. (See also: Climate Change & Energy Plan)