The tour group left the Catalina Express Long Beach downtown landing at 10 a.m. ABC-7 TV covered the launch (but Oklahoma tornado coverage bumped us). The tour group had a great burger/fry lunch on the green pier and proceed to the power plant tour. We proceeded to the semi-submersible boat to view fish species and unique kelp. After the tour, we boarded a golf cart to tour the mountains around the City of Avalon. Two separate groups were taken up along winding roads to experience incredible views of the island.
1) Rebekah Ramirez, Torrance Elementary School, 11,
2) Mireya Palencia, California State Dominguez Hlls, 21,
3) Daniel Zepeda, El Camino Community College, 22,
4) Samantha Ramirez, J.H. Hull Middle School, 12,
5) Anthony Ramirez, Torrance High School, 15.