Friday, April 20, 2007

China: Dynamic Economy & Air Pollution

By Norris McDonald. I recently spent two weeks in China and was astounded by the incredible growth. There were building cranes everywhere. Even though I anticipated seeing fast growth, I was not prepared for the scale of building I witnessed. I was also amazed by the state-of-the-art agricultural practices. Clearly, China is not being covered accurately by the American media. China is building while America is talking and writing.

It was great to be a tourist and visit Tiananmen Square (behind me in picture), the People's Congress (with Board Member Derry Bigby), President Hu Tsingtao's Office complex and the Great Wall. I also took in some nightlife in Beijing, Weifang and Hong Kong. China is a great country and Hong Kong (7 million people) is a mega metropolitan area when combined with its Mainland neighbor, Shenzhen (10 million people).

No comments: