A new initiative to reach and inform small, disadvantaged business owners about rapidly emerging opportunities in the new green economy is attracting major national non-profit organizations as partners. The Green Energy Business Opportunities Conference (GEBOC) on May 12 and 13 in Baltimore, Maryland; has earned strategic national partnerships with:
· Elite Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business Network (Elite SDVOB);Minority and women owned businesses, utility companies, venture capital firms and non-profit business advocacy organizations are presenters and sponsors of the business building initiative.
· National Urban League (NUL);
· Women Business Enterprise Network Council (WBENC);
· Latinos in Information Sciences and Technology (LISTA);
· National Puerto Rican Coalition (NPRC); and
· Minority Business Round Table (MBRT).
The summit has been convened by Maryland’s prestigious President’s Round Table with assistance by Associated Black Charities. Major regional organizations such as the Maryland-DC Minority Supplier Development Council; the Women President’s Educational Organization-DC and the Virginia and Maryland chapters of the Elite SDVOB have also joined the initiative. Numerous organizations are participating to increase understanding of new opportunities in the rapidly emerging Green Economy. More information