Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Seafarer's Yacht Club

PRESIDENT'S CORNER

By Norris McDonald




I was a member of Seafarer's Yacht Club from 1996 -2001. I serverd on the Seafarer's Board of Directors for two years and rewrote the constitution for the group.

I have great memories from this period. I learned to boat at Seafarer's Yacht Club. An EPA employee donated a Boston Whaler to our organization and I docked the 22 foot boat at the club. I conducted tours of the Anacostia with inner city kids during that period.

Gore/Mbeki Commission Tour

I also took government officials on toxics tours to show them pollution sites along the river. One of by best memories is arranging for a group of South Africans to go out on their on one of the larger yachts of one of the members. They were representatives from the Gore/Mbeki Commission and I coordinated the trip with representatives from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.



Sandy and Norris McDonald


Norris McDonald at right casting off


 
 


 

No comments: